Travel as Metaphor

The blog of novelist Sue Swift.

Monday, September 11, 2006

'Tis the night before takeoff, and all through the house,
I wandered, so sleepless, nervous as a mouse.
My suitcases were all packed, set near the front door with care
In hopes that my big travel day would draw near.

OK, enough of that. I'm no poet, and I know it.

Yep, I'm all packed and ready to go...another night made sleepless from anxiety and sheer excitement as I open another chapter in an life that has often seemed overly exciting.

But I go to seek a calmer life in a town, not a city, in peaceful southern Italy. I'm flying out of SF in the evening and will arrive in London midday on the 12th...then on to Rome. After a bit of sightseeing, on to the Women's Fiction Festival in Matera.

I promise to post photos after I learn how to operate the digital camera I just got.

Wish me luck, as I wish all of you, my friends, the best that life can give.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home